Metropolitan Museum Of Design Detroit is located within Collected Detroit at 2439 4th St., Detroit Michigan USA
Visits: Open 11-4pm Wed.-Sat. or docent guided reservations; Sat.by appointment.
Free and open to the public + some special happenings are fund-raisers
(Technology, Innovation and Partnerships)
MM-O-DD PROVIDES ACCESS TO DETROIT YOUTH PROGRAMMING FOR EDUCATIONAL ENRICHMENT AND EXPERIENTIAL OPPORTUNITIES TO DIVERSE COMMUNITIES, ESPECIALLY TOWARD A PERSONAL PASSION AND/OR A PROFESSION WITHIN THE DESIGN INDUSTRY. THE CAREER AS A FASHION STYLIST EXISTS AS AN OPTION TO CREATE SEEMINGLY EFFORTLESS MAGIC.
THE RELEASE OF THE MONTHLY MM-O-DD ZINE: VOLUME #1, ISSUE #1
INTERESTED TO DONATE?
PAPER TO ENGAGE THE COMMUNITY IN MM-O-DD'S UNCONVENTIONAL WAY.
A MIC SO WE CAN BE HEARD.
A SPEAKER TO FURTHER THE MM-O-DD MESSAGING.
A PROJECTOR AS MOST OF US DESIGNERS ARE VISUAL LEARNERS!
HONORING BLACK DESIGN
COLLECTED DETROIT + DISPLAY GROUP + FASTSIGNS DETROIT + JOE RANDAZZO'S + CAPSULE_
MM-O-DD LEADERSHIP INCLUDING THE MM-O-DD SOCIAL COUNCIL
METROPOLITAN MUSEUM OF DESIGN DETROIT AND COLLECT DETROIT
ARE LOCATED AT 2439 4TH ST., DETROIT (LOOK FOR THE PINK DOOR)
PARKING ON THE STREET OR ON THE MEADOW
WWW.MM-O-DD.ORG | QUESTIONS: INFO@MM-O-DD.ORG
The Biomimicry On Belle Isle exhibition is located at the Belle Isle Aquarium. The year-long timeline will also be filled with Biomimicry periodic programming on the 3rd Saturday of the month starting after Earth Day 2022.
The A-Z calendar of Exhibitions, Programs and events are the following. Biomimicry on Belle Isle: May 21, June 18, July 16, August 20 Mighty Real Queer Detroit: Tea Dance opening reception is on June 5. The month long exhibition is until June 30. BRAINWORXX: Opens in July. detroitUNDERGROUND 69 runs throughout the September which is the Detroit Month of Design and continues until the second week in October. The International Design Exhibition and Runway Showcase opens November 5.
DECICATED TO FEATURE BLACK DESIGN
DESIGNERS | STYLISTS | COLLECTORS
HISTORIC + CURRENT + FUTURE
FASHION | PRODUCT | INTERIOR | LIGHT | BEAUTY | ARCHITECTURE | JEWELRY | ACCESSORY | TEXTILE +
Donors, Sponsors, Alliances, Community collaboratives, Businesses and Individuals
We appreciate those who value design learning. Together we are making a difference.
We explore the past, dive into current innovation and ignite interest to discover the future of the Design Industry.
MM-O-DD is an AH-HA spark with innovative programming opening doors to the Design Industry.
*Abeesa, *Art Impact Connect, * Albert Kahn Legacy Foundation, American Alliance Of Museums, *American Association of State and Local Historical Museums, * Anew Life Prosthetics and Orthotics,
*Arrow Office Supply, * Banner Signs, Bees In The D, * Belle Isle Aquarium, * Belle Isle Conservancy, * BlueWorld Productions, * Build Institute, * Caleb Joye Films,
CCS:College For Creative Studies: Departments: Color and Material Design + Fashion Design + Jewelry Design, City of Detroit Arts, Cultue and Entrepreneuership Office, * Channel Iris,
* City of Detroit Arts, Culture and Entrepreneurship office, * Collected Detroit, * Culture Sourse, * Cuisine De' La Karine, DAXTON,
* Detroit Center For Design And Technology (LTU), Design Core Detroit, Design Core Network, * Detroit Design Festival, Detroit Month Of Design, Detroit Hives* Detroit Riverfront Conservancy,
* Downtown Boxing Gym-Youth Program,
* Display Group, DNR: Department Of Natural Resources Outdoor Adventure Center, * Fantasee Lighting, * FastSigns Detroit,* Global Ties > Detroit, GuideStar, * Hedgehog Health, Heinz C. Prechter Bipolar Research Program (U of M), * Ideation Orange, Industrial Sewing And Innovation Center (ISAIC), Jenesis Entertainment and Staffing, Kaftan Designs, Lost Artists Collective, Matthew Honkanen, *Michigan Museum Association, * Michigan Science Center, Might Real Queer Detroit, * Nature Comes Standard LLC, * Pernod Ricard, * Robert C. Jones Foundation, S. Kay Young Photography, The Lazov Agency, * Uniland Corp., * W/Purpose, * Wrighteous Designs
* Financial and/or In-Kind contributions